For more information contact:
Greg Faubert, President, MessageWay Solutions, +1 734.462.2244
Juliann Grant, PR Counsel, +1 978.687.4262
Introducing MessageWay®, Advanced Managed File Transfer Solution for Enterprise File Exchange
MessageWay Positioned in Visionaries Quadrant in "Magic Quadrant for MFT"
June 30, 2008 – Livonia, MI - MessageWay Solutions™ today unveiled MessageWay, the company’s premier suite for Advanced Managed File Transfer (MFT) that enables companies to securely exchange mission critical files between departments, domains, and partner networks. MessageWay is designed to help organizations modernize IT assets, consolidate control, and streamline business processes around B2B file exchange processes. MessageWay is comprised of MW Transport, MW Director, MW Translator, and MW Integrator, a tightly integrated software suite that meets the most exacting file exchange requirements for security, performance, and reliability. In a recent Gartner report, "Magic Quadrant for Managed File Transfer," MessageWay was positioned in the "Visionaries" quadrant.1
According to the report, "Gartner estimates that the market for MFT suites and services is approximately $450 million and is growing at a rate of 21% to 26% year over year." Moreover, "While the big fish in the pond become bigger, the pond itself is growing even faster. For the most part, the largest and most common competitors are homegrown FTP solutions, which are technically free, but, as many of our clients realize, are neither well managed, secured, nor without maintenance headaches."
Modernize IT Assets, Consolidate Enterprise File Exchange
MessageWay automates core business processes, and provides complete end-to-end visibility and control over the entire enterprise file exchange process. MessageWay provides a full suite of secure client and server communications protocols including FTP/FTP SSL, SSH, AS2, HTTPS, and SMTP, that enables an organization to meet all their respective trading partner’s connectivity requirements. MessageWay streamlines business processes and enables collaboration across enterprise boundaries with workflow-driven, business process management (BPM) features that intelligently determine the appropriate processes and flows, and eliminates disruptions caused by ‘non-standard’ transmissions from external sources. MessageWay’s flexible SOA architecture delivers, extends, and integrates enterprise applications using adapters and services that provide access to all MessageWay services and enable Advanced MFT across the enterprise.
With MessageWay, businesses can:
- Consolidate Transmission Systems by migrating multiple instances of FTP servers and proprietary file exchange solutions onto a centralized, streamlined B2B platform.
- Adopt Secure and Open Communications by leveraging MessageWay’s perimeter servers for inbound and outbound proxy communications that eliminate potential data-at-rest issues in non-secured areas of the network.
- Enhance Interoperability by using pre-defined adaptors and scripts that can schedule and invoke MessageWay services with any application on the network.
- Manage Peak Volumes and Improve Processing Performance with core translator services that handle high volume, complex files, and provide a single-pass, ‘any-to-any’ translation that eliminates the need for intermediate file formats.
- Flexibly Deploy Advanced MFT by installing on a single, stand-alone server or deploy in a geographically distributed cluster for high availability. MessageWay provides the flexibility to deploy to meet enterprise security standards and operational requirements.
"MessageWay is a proven Advanced MFT solution that can quickly scale to peak demands and meet the most exacting specifications for security, reliability, and performance," stated Greg Faubert, CEO of MessageWay. "Our solution was originally designed to manage high volume communications for global file exchange. Since then we have enhanced MessageWay’s functionality to help businesses more tightly integrate managed file transfer into their application environment. Our unique server-based pricing makes MessageWay an affordable choice that delivers the latest technology advancements in Advanced MFT. Our goal is to help our customers get the most value out of their existing IT assets by centralizing all file exchange systems onto one, centralized B2B platform."
MessageWay’s Tightly Integrated Software Suite
MessageWay is a tightly integrated software application suite that combines a proven approach for Advanced MFT with BPM capabilities that modernizes an enterprise IT environment and consolidates control over all enterprise file exchange processes and systems. The software suite includes:
- MW Transport: Provides a comprehensive set of secure client and server protocols that align with all potential trading partner file exchange requirements. Protocols supported include FTP/FTP SSL, SSH, AS2, HTTPS, SMTP, and proprietary connectivity requirements.
- MW Director: Provides a centralized management dashboard that establishes and maintains control over all enterprise electronic file movement on both sides of the firewall. MW Director provides intelligent workflow, scheduling, and exception management that ensure complete visibility and auditability of file exchanges.
- MW Translator: Delivers comprehensive file transformation capabilities using a single-pass, any-to-any translation process that eliminates the need for intermediate file formats. It delivers total control and visibility for high volume, highly complex file transformation with unrivaled end-to-end performance.
- MW Integrator: Delivers exceptional interoperability using adapters and services that can quickly be customized to execute applications via command line or scripts. Employing an industry-standard POX service interface (XML over HTTPS), enterprise applications can access core MessageWay services, extending the capabilities of Advanced MFT to virtually every application on the network.
Pricing & Availability
The MessageWay Advanced Managed File Transfer Suite is available now. Prices start at $45,000 (US).
1) Gartner, Inc. "Magic Quadrant for Managed File Transfer" by L. Frank Kenney and James Lennard, June 23, 2008
MessageWay Solutions is a leading provider of Advanced Managed File Transfer (MFT) solutions that modernize and consolidate IT assets, centralize control, and streamline business processes around B2B file exchange. From purchasing to payment processing to logistics tracking throughout the supply chain, the company’s premiere suite, MessageWay, provides secure, end-to-end control over enterprise file exchange inside and outside the firewall. The company delivers exceptional interoperability and flexibility to design and integrate Advanced MFT systems that work with any trading partner’s requirements. MessageWay Solutions works with Global 2000 organizations in banking and financial services, logistics and supply chain management, and government agencies. Leading customers include Bank of America, Fidelity, Barclays Bank, Schenker Logistics, and the United States Postal Service. For more information, visit http://www.messageway.com.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2008 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
EDITORS: The following high resolution images are available for download:
Click here to view a low-res
copy of the image in a new window. To download a hi-res copy of the image
from a PC, right-click here
and select "Save Target As". To download a hi-res copy of the
image from a Mac, click-and-hold
here and select "Save Target As"
For further information, contact:
Greg Faubert, President
17197 North Laurel Park Drive, Suite 201
Livonia, MI 48152
49 Midgley Lane
Worcester, MA 01604 USA
© 2008, MessageWay Solutions, Inc. All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective companies.